Top Ten Things I've Learned in
Month #1 of Grad School:
Grad school = more emotionally and intellectually draining. (... ok, and physically draining too actually)
2. My body has been so good to me. I should be so much more sore than I have been.
And yet, holy snap-- I am so sore lately.
3. Turns out, I do sweat.
4. I neeeeed 8 or 9 hours of sleep, or I will not make it through my first technique class.
5. Having live music to dance to, somehow is the coolest thing. Ever.
I never want to dance to anything but live music ever again...
6. When I dance alot, I eat alot. Yeesh.
7. I care waayy too much what other people think about me.
8. The University of Utah's facility is the friggin' nicest building dedicated to dance (that's right folks- the whole building is ours) I've ever seen. Not to mention the incredible faculty. And not to mention the sweet curriculum. Basically my life is awesome.
9. I'm always going to be super busy with homework, class preparation, stretching, and bubble baths. Goodbye to the majority of my favorite shows on hulu...
10. I'm a better dancer than I thought I was.
I'm not saying I'm good; just better than I thought I was.