what IS a liebster award you may ask?
"The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
There are a few rules a nominee must follow to receive this award, which are:
1. each person must write 11 things about themselves that readers may not know.2. answer the 11 questions the tagger asked, and then ask the people YOU nominate and tag to answer 11 questions.3. choose 5 other blogs and link them in this post.4. go to their page and tell them.5. no tag backs!
11 FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- I am left handed, and secretly love the cliche myth of how leftys are supposed to be extra creative.
- When I was a little girl, I had a blind rabbit named Snickers who bit me on the lip when I tried to affectionately kiss him. I've been terrified of rabbits ever since. It hurt!
- My dad taught me how to drive stick when I was 15, and since then thats all I drive. Automatic cars make me nervous.
- I was a double major double minor in college. (Majors: Fine Art Photography & Advertising, Minors: Dance & Russian) I'm currently getting my MFA in Modern Dance from the University of Utah.
-If I could keep getting degrees I'd study Interior Design, Architecture, Theatre, Film, and I'd try to study more French and learn how to play the cello. Also, art. And I'd go to a cooking school somewhere in Europe. I guess I should've just said that I love to learn.
- Gideon and I shared our first kiss in the rain under an umbrella. I still get butterflies thinking about it.
- My favorite film is "Its a Wonderful Life".
- I created a mockumentary for a screendance class last semester and its gotten over 30,000 hits on youtube in three months! If it breaks 100,000 views by the end of the year, I'm going to treat myself to an ice cream cone or something of equal or greater awesomeness.
- When I can't fall asleep, I choreograph in my head. It does not help me sleep.
- Someday, when I grow up, I'm going to throw the most magnificent parties in my backyard. People will come from miles away to celebrate things like the first day of fall.
Mandy's Questions for Me:
Gideon and I had just gotten married, and I wanted a way to document our life together. I never thought I'd stick it out.
2. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. I love the family, the food and the smell of Fall.
3. What Disney movie did you watch over and over as a kid?
To be honest, I was never crazy about one disney movie. I think I'd have to say Beauty and the Beast, though I was a bit disappointed when the beast turned into a prince at the end.
4. What are the top 3 best days of your life?
-The Harold Green Invitational Gymnastics meet in 2003. Personal best all around score of 38.5-- I was so happy!
-My last day of Media Law in College. I hated that class.
-Any day I get to spend entirely with Gid. I know its cheesy, but there is nothing better than when I get him completely to myself.
5. What was the last thing you did for yourself? (you time)
Yesterday I took a three hour nap in the middle of the afternoon. Does that count?
6. Is the glass half full or half empty? why?
This is a sort of silly question. The glass is only full if you fill it.
7. What do you love most about yourself?
I love that my imagination has room for whimsy, my mind has a firm grasp on reality, and my heart is unfailingly romantic.
8. If you could vacation anywhere, where would it be?
I've had a strange itch for Austria lately.
9. Coolest thing you have done?
Perform onstage in Russia.
10. What's your favorite quote?
11. How do you picture your perfect day?
Coming home from the hospital with a sweet husband and a healthy baby. (I told you I'm romantic.)
carrie from seeker of happiness
rachel from the boyle blog
brittany from the kings
courtney from nate and court
hannah from hannah explains it all
my questions for these lovelies:
1. How do you define beauty, and who is the most beautiful person you know?
2. You've just unexpectedly inherited 10 Million dollars from a wealthy benefactor. How do you spend it?
3. Your biggest trial.
4. Most treasured item you possess.
5. Your most shameful guilty pleasure?
6. What are you looking forward to?
7. Proudest Achievement?
8. Worst day ever?
9. Your secret wish?
10. Most embarrassing moment?
11. Number one thing on your bucket list?
Thats it for me sweet friends. Have a lovely sabbath.